Aim of the Commission:
To facilitate & develop beach volleyball participation, competition & development within Scotland and assist with international representation of the sport on behalf of the SVA.
Role & Remit of the Commission:
The President and Members of the Beach Commission meet at least twice a year. One post-beach season and one Jan/Feb to plan the next season. Their principle roles are to:
• provide a strategic approach to the development of Beach Volleyball throughout Scotland;
• raise the profile of Beach Volleyball in Scotland as a development opportunity for all ages and abilities;
• provide a structured approach to competitions which will raise media interest in the promotion of the sport at National and International Level;
• encourage participation of the sport however it can, whether by coaching, refereeing or playing the sport for all ages and abilities;
• encourage players, referees and coaches to constantly ‘raise the bar’ and improve standards;
• seek administrative support from the offices of the SVA;
• discuss activities carried out in the previous year and project forward to arrange the activities for the forthcoming year and subsequent years;
• meet the KPIs determined by the SVA Board and by sportscotland.
President - Gerry MacDonald
- Focus for Beach Volleyball in Scotland
- Representative for Beach Volleyball in SVA
Marketing - Gerry MacDonald
- Oversee the promotion & marketing on Beach Volleyball in Scotland
Press and Media - Jack McKeown
- Advertise events in local/national media
Finance - Mel Coutts
- Keep finances in order and provide reports to beach commission when required
Events Co-ordinator - VACANT
- Co-ordinate all Beach Volleyball events on Scottish Tour. Involves making sure that event organisers have sufficient information and support to ensure that each event is provided to a consistent standard throughout the tour.
Junior Development - VACANT
- Develop Junior Beach Volleyball in Scotland
- Provide input on the running of the Beach Commission and provide help to other Commission members when required.