Funding the UKCC Coach Education course
Sportscotland recognises the importance of new coaches coming into sport and the need for accessible, affordable coaching courses to be available to them. 2011 sees the roll out a new UKCC funding model to support the recruitment of new coaches, and the Scottish Volleyball Association is delighted to work in partnership with sportscotland to support this very positive initiative.
There are two application forms that are available; one for individuals, and one for groups. By filling out the relevant application form eligible applicants can access funding towards the cost of UKCC endorsed qualifications. Grant applications must be made at least four weeks prior to the start of the course; retrospective applications will not be accepted.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria, can access funding of up to 50% or £150/person of the course fee, whichever is lower.
If you are a group ie two or more individuals from the same organisation / club, you can also access funding per applicant of up to 50% or £150 of the course fee, whichever is lower.
Am I eligible? Are you or your group eligible?
- Applicants must demonstrate coaching activity within six months of applying for the subsidy (minimum activity supported will be once per month or an average of 12 sessions per year).
- The course being attended must take place in Scotland and be registered with the SQA (your course organiser can confirm this).
- Applicants should evidence what impact this qualification will have on their school, club or community. (This should be detailed in the Applicant Support Information section of the application form).
What else do I need to do?
- Coaches are advised to register/become a member of their respective Sports Governing Body, some sports require this prior to being allowed on coach education courses.
- Check with your club / school / community group that they are happy to support your application, as you must supply their contact details and this will be verified.
What happens after I apply?
- Once your application is received, we will check you meet the eligibility criteria and give you an electronic decision within 10 working days of receipt of your application
If I am successful
- You will receive an electronic letter confirming your award.
- This can be used as part payment towards your course.
- Please forward this to your course organiser who will accept it as part payment.
If I am unsuccessful
- Unfortunately you have not met the criteria on this occasion as detailed in your electronic decision response.
You can apply again in the future for other courses or sports.
To start the application process check out the sportscotland website by clicking here
Scottish Volleyball Association