Coach Education Programme – UKCC Awards.
The Scottish Volleyball Association, in partnership with Glasgow City Council is delighted to present the first ever Level II UKCC Coaching Award.
The SVA’s Coaches Commission has been working on the development of the level II UKCC course for the past year, and it is now ready to ‘pilot’.
• The pilot course will be presented in St Mungo’s Academy in Glasgow.
• The dates will be Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th October 2011
• Then Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th January 2012
• The time will be 09.00 – 17.00 each day.
• The pilot course is free but there are a limited number of places…….
The Level II UKCC Volleyball Award continues the dual thread of looking at the skills of both ‘How 2 ‘coach, and ‘What 2’ coach. ‘What 2’ coach includes looking in more detail at;
• developing the side out unit
• developing attacking skills
• the setter as a specialist
• defensive actions and systems
‘How 2’ coach looks at;
• the issue of planning for both a season long programme, and individual sessions
• the role of the coach while working with players in the practice arena
• strength and conditioning
• mental preparation
The course involves the candidates in two delivery segments, each of two days in duration, with a break period between the deliveries. The break period is to allow candidates to reflect on the first set of learning outcomes and content, and to gain some practical experience of actual coaching.
To register for this outstanding coaching opportunity please contact the Scottish Volleyball
Association Office, by phone or Email.
For further details contact Stephanie on 0131 556 4633 Or Email email@example.com