I am delighted to announce that after a very successful recruitment and interview process Martyn Johnstone has been appointed to the post of Competitions and Performance Administrator. Martyn’s new role will be to take responsibility for the administration and management of the National Competitions, and to offer administrative support to the various performance programmes.
The need for the introduction of this new role was established by an SVA Board review of the overall competitions framework. Martyn’s responsibilities will include;
- Main contact for email@example.com and all administrative support for the SVA Competitions Advisory Group.
- Co-ordinate and produce the SVA Event Strategy and the SVA Competition Calendar
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the Senior National Leagues, Regional Leagues, and Scottish Cup Championships, and assist with the Junior National League and Scottish Schools Cup
- Evaluate, analyse and develop the SVA District organisations and actively develop new membership in this sector
- Update and standardise the SVA rules and regulations for all SVA Competitions
- Social media communications update with relevant information as required
- Administrative support to the SVA Performance Management Group
- Co-ordinate the logistical arrangements for the National Team Programmes
- Co-ordinate the booking of facilities for National Team practices
- Co-ordinate all FIVB and CEV administration connected to the National Teams
- Co-ordinate all International Transfers
- Co-ordinate the management of the uniforms for the National Teams
- Main contact in the SVA office for athletes regarding anti – doping developments, and the web-site administrator for updates
This post is a fixed term contract of 20 hours per week and the post holder shall be available every Monday within the SVA office.
Competitions Advisory Group
As was explained at the successful Club Competitions Review and Development meeting on Saturday 16th June 2012, the SVA’s Board review of the competition framework involved a detailed discussion on the structure of the current Competitions Commission. It was agreed that the members of the Competitions Commission, and its President, have contributed “up and beyond” what can be reasonably expected of a group of volunteers, and the functioning of this Commission placed too high a demand on those involved. The solution to this problem was felt to be the creation of the new professional post of Competitions and Performance Administrator, and the introduction of the Competitions Advisory Group.
The main remit of the Competitions Advisory Group will be;
- To fully support the professional “Competitions and Performance Administrator” with interpretation and views of the existing rules
- To form jury panels when and if required and to make judgement decisions on player and competition matters.
- To be available as part of short term working/steering groups, working in partnership with the Competitions and Performance Administrator, for the creation of new initiatives and structures.
This is an extremely exciting time for the development of our sport. I hope that these changes to the administration of the competitions framework will enhance your experience as a member of Scottish Volleyball. Keep a close eye on the SVA website and speak with your club administrator, who be receiving regular updates on progress, competition discussions and potential change for this season and beyond.
If you require any further information and or you would like to be part of the Competitions and Advisory Group please contact Martyn directly.
Margaret Ann Fleming
CEO Scottish volleyball