The Scottish Volleyball Association, in partnership with Dundee University is delighted to present a Level II UKCC Coaching Award.
|Venue||Institute for Sport and Exercise at Dundee University|
|Dates||Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th March 2013
Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st April 2013
|Times||09.00 – 17.00 each day|
|Cost||The reduced cost of £165 for the course is heavily subsidised by the Scottish Volleyball Association. Candidates can also seek grant aid from Local Authorities to further reduce costs.|
The Level II UKCC Volleyball Award continues the dual thread of looking at the skills of both ‘How 2 ‘coach, and ‘What 2’ coach. ‘What 2’ coach includes looking in more detail at:
• developing the side out unit
• developing attacking skills
• the setter as a specialist
• defensive actions and systems
‘How 2’ coach looks at:
• the issue of planning for both a season long programme, and individual sessions
• the role of the coach while working with players in the practice arena
• strength and conditioning
• mental preparation
The course involves the candidates in two delivery episodes, each lasting for two days, with a break period between the deliveries. The break period is to allow candidates to reflect on the first set of learning outcomes and content, and to gain some practical experience of actual coaching.
To register for this outstanding coaching opportunity please contact the Scottish Volleyball Association Office by phone on 0131 556 4633 or Email.