This new SVA initiative launched at the Stronger Clubs Conference sets out its principles and objectives and is seeking interested people to join the existing Board of Trustees.
Volleyball is a totally inclusive sport enjoyed by all ages, both sexes and all cultures. It provides opportunities for both able bodied and disabled throughout the disciplines of beach/volleyball indoor and outdoor including the Paralympic sport of sitting volleyball.
“Volleyball for Scotland” was established in March 2014. The Charities Trustees hope to be able to give financial support to help develop, educate and promote the health of individuals and groups through the sport of volleyball. Our aim is to help ensure the opportunity to play volleyball is available for all and not limited by income.
The Company shall operate for the public benefit in pursuance of the following charitable purposes or objects:
1. The advancement of health, primarily (but without limitation) through the promotion of physical fitness through sport
2. The advancement of public participation in sport, primarily, but not limited to volleyball
3. The organisation of recreational activities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended
4. The advancement of any of the above purposes or objects by the giving of grants or loans or the provision of credit or other forms of assistance, financial or otherwise, to persons undertaking projects, initiatives and/or activities which further any of the above purposes or objects and which are wholly charitable within the meaning of the Taxes Act and section 7 of the 2005 Act
5. To carry out any other business which may be advantageous to the charitable objectives
“Volleyball for Scotland” is looking for donations in order that we can allocate funding to groups or individuals. The Charity operates an application process for this funding and will award grants twice a year. Donations of any size will be gratefully accepted in order that we can further the aims of the Foundation.
Volleyball is one of the most popular sports by participation in the world and is an excellent vehicle for team building and individual development. Some ways in which the charity may be of assistance could be to:
• Provide equipment or fund improvements to facilities used for grassroots volleyball
• Promote community participation in volleyball and physical health and well being
• Promote education and physical education for young people through schools coaching programmes and the provision of resources to schools
• Financial assistance with the organisation of volleyball athletes, events and competitions
• Help disabled people participate in volleyball and physical activity
Please speak with any of our Trustees at Volleyball For Scotland events or donate direct at email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining the Board of Trustees please contact in the first instance the SVA CEO Margaret Ann Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org. The current Board of Trustees can be found on the navigation section of the website.
Volleyball For Scotland
48 The Pleasance
Edinburgh EH8 9TJ
Telephone 0131 556 4633
Fax 0131 557 4314
Charity number SCO44749