Aim of the Commission:
To facilitate & develop beach volleyball participation, competition & development within Scotland and assist with international representation of the sport on behalf of the SVA.
Role & Remit of the Commission:
The President and Members of the Beach Commission meet at least twice a year. One post-beach season and one Jan/Feb to plan the next season. Their principle roles are to:
- provide a strategic approach to the development of Beach Volleyball throughout Scotland;
- raise the profile of Beach Volleyball in Scotland as a development opportunity for all ages and abilities;
- provide a structured approach to competitions which will raise media interest in the promotion of the sport at National and International Level;
- encourage participation of the sport however it can, whether by coaching, refereeing or playing the sport for all ages and abilities;
- encourage players, referees and coaches to constantly ‘raise the bar’ and improve standards;
- seek administrative support from the offices of the SVA;
- discuss activities carried out in the previous year and project forward to arrange the activities for the forthcoming year and subsequent years;
- meet the KPIs determined by the SVA Board and by sportscotland.
President – Gerry MacDonald
- Focus for Beach Volleyball in Scotland
- Representative for Beach Volleyball in SVA
Marketing – Gerry MacDonald
- Oversee the promotion & marketing on Beach Volleyball in Scotland
Press and Media – Jack McKeown
- Advertise events in local/national media
Finance – Mel Coutts
- Keep finances in order and provide reports to beach commission when required
Events Co-ordinator – VACANT
- Co-ordinate all Beach Volleyball events on Scottish Tour. Involves making sure that event organisers have sufficient information and support to ensure that each event is provided to a consistent standard throughout the tour.
Junior Development – Ken Fraser
- Develop Junior Beach Volleyball in Scotland
Members – Nisbet Duffin and Colin McGinlay and Colin Paterson and Anna Fischer and Jamie Salvin
- Provide input on the running of the Beach Commission and provide help to other Commission members when required.
Contact Details – Beach Volleyball Scotland Contact Email