Aim of the commission:
To facilitate and develop volleyball participation, competition and development within Schools and Junior Clubs. The commission has a responsibility to develop structures and opportunities for children, by doing so, encourage increased participation and membership in line with SVA Development Plan.
Remit of the Commission:
- Promote and develop volleyball participation and competition within education in Scotland.
- Assist with the rules of the Junior SVL, Junior Scottish Cup, Schools Cup & any other competitions.
- Provide for the development needs of the Youth & Schools Volleyball sector.
- Create support mechanism to encourage the development of young talent.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of Junior and School events.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of the Flying Scots Programme.
|Primary Representative||Claire Crowe|
|Secondary Representative||Jess Reid|
|Youth Representative||Ian Brownlee|
|General Member||Adam Paton|
An exciting project was created at this years Cup Finals Weekend when our Youth Panel met for the first time to discuss Youth Volleyball, from a young persons mindset. This panel is now the voice of the Youth Sector who are tasked with ensuring all our programmes which are centered around Children and young people, are focussed towards their needs.
Youth Panel Members
Adam Paton – NUVOC & University of Glasgow VC
Matthew Baines – University of Stirling VC
Karolina Wroblewska – Volleyball Aberdeen
Emma Waldie – City of Edinburgh VC
Sean Platts Stobie – NUVOC VC & University of Dundee
This year we have introduced a Teacher’s forum to give the delivery of our volleyball programmes a focus from a teacher led mindset. We have been engaging teachers from our recent School Festivals to discuss some of the following issues:
Teacher’s Learning Zone
Regional School Festivals
If you wish to get involved in this forum, please do not hesitate to email us here.