BUCS is looking to recruit an influential and knowledgeable individual to act as Chair of the Volleyball Sports Advisory Group (SAG). Applicants are welcome from both inside and outside of the HE sector, including but not exclusive to NGB officers, coaches, officials, students, and administrators with experience of BUCS programmes. Applicants should refer to the person specification as to both the desirable and essential criteria related to this position.
The Chair will lead the SAG in the development of a sport specific delivery plan aligned to the BUCS strategy, and will play a key role in contributing to the strategic development of volleyball within the student sector. It is expected that the Chair will act as an ambassador for BUCS, the Volleyball programme and establish relationships with key stakeholders. The SAG Chair will be responsible for monitoring progress against SAG objectives.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Act as an ambassador for BUCS and the sport programme
– Chair Sports Advisory Group (SAG) meetings
– Lead the development of SAG’s annual delivery plan
– Monitor progress against SAG objectives and lead on assigned area(s)
– Arrange SAG meeting dates and agenda items with the BUCS National Competitions Manager
– Arrange for meeting notes and/or minutes to be distributed to SAG members
– Encourage transparent and open communication within the SAG
– Establish relationship between BUCS and key stakeholders
– To ensure all members of the SAG comply with the BUCS SAG Code of Conduct
For more information on the role please see the JD here.
BUCS Chief Executive Officer, BUCS Director of Delivery, National Governing Body contact, SAG members, BUCS member institutions, other external partners as appropriate.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to Neal Kington firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing: Friday 13 August