Resources for Parents
Parent / Carer Code of Conduct
- Always demonstrate respectful behaviour. Children often copy what they see so please give them something positive to copy.
- Always encourage your child to learn the rules of the sport and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport. Sport should be fun and your child will only continue to progress if they genuinely enjoy taking part.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and appropriate language at all times.
- In order to ensure that club staff can best support your child, please feel able to share any relevant information about matters affecting your child’s wellbeing (e.g. medical conditions, additional support needs, allergies, worries at school, family bereavement etc) with coaches and club officials as appropriate.
- We all want the children to get the most from their sport session, and although it is tempting to give your input we feel it is confusing for a child to receive technical advice from the parent as well as the coach during events. A few words of encouragement are fine.
- Make Volleyball fun. The more fun your child is having, the more they will learn and the better they will perform.
Child Wellbeing & Protection Lead
Flying Scots Lead
Regional Development Officer (East)
Regional Development Officer (West)
Coaching & Clubs