The Scottish Volleyball Associationis a member of the British Volleyball Association, the Federation Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) and the European Volleyball Confederation (CEV).The Scottish Volleyball Associationwill be a “controller” (A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data) of the personal information that you provide to us.
WHAT WE NEED
When you register as a member of the Scottish Volleyball Association or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 16), we will ask you for the following personal information:
- contact details -name, address, contact telephonenumber, email address and date of birth
- membership criteria/role within volleyball, e.g. member, player, coach, volunteer, official, parent, support staffSVA Fanzone
- affiliation details e.g.are you a member of a clubequality information -disability (if any),ethnic group, religious belief, gender identity and sexual orientation
- PVG information if required
WHY WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONCONTRACTUAL PURPOSES
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:provide you with member services includinglicensing, competitions and PVG check
- set up online membership accountsand administer your account online
- process awards and qualifications
- send you membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals, and information on events or coursesIf you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit ofour legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage participation in volleyball by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be photographed or filmed for live streaming purposes and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, educationand development purposes
- provide competition in volleyball by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category
- monitor and develop participation in volleyball by monitoring engagement and participation and inviting our members to take part in surveys for research and development purposes
- invite our members as award winners or guests to our annual awards, which includes asking our clubs to nominate individuals for awards and shortlisting such individuals to select the winners, who we will then contact by email
- develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming courses, renewal requirements and verify that you have completed any mandatory training and PVG / child protection requirements
- respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to volleyball. We may use your personal information to investigate your complaint, to suspend membershipand take disciplinaryaction where appropriate
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact the ScottishVolleyball Association on 0131 556 4633 or email email@example.com write to Scottish Volleyball Association, 48 The Pleasance, Edinburgh, EH8 9TJ. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members, volunteers, participants, athletes, etc. for thepurposes of complying with our obligations under:
- the Companies Act 2006 to maintain a register of our members, which includes our members’ name, address, the date they were admitted to membership and the date on which they ceased to be our member, and hold general meetings, including issuing notices and voting arrangements
- the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work withchildren and vulnerable adultsour sportscotland regulatory requirements to report on the size, achievements and profile of our members;
- the Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary
EQUALITY MONITORING REQUIREMENTS
We are required by sportscotland to usepersonal information relating to equalityfor monitoring purposes. We will process such personal information through aggregated and anonymised reports to identify and keep under review the existence or absence of equality of opportunity or treatment between groups of people within the same categories to promote or maintain equality within our sport.
OTHER USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. If so, we will provide you with additional information on how we will use your information.We may be asked by our member clubs to collect and store personal informationabout their individual members.Where we do this, bothclubs and the SVA as “controllers” and will providetheir members with privacy notices.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
If your personal information is included in any images or videos we take, we may share this with our Partners for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory organisations to comply with statutory obligations.Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguardingchildren.We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.The SVA currentlyemploysNR Soft to administer our membership database and website, as part of which NR Soft contracts third party payment providers to process your payments of our behalf. NRSoft and its payment providers process our members’ personal information on our behalf as “processors”(A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller)and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.The SVA are working with Azolve Ltd to transitionto a new database management system and this policy will be updated when this is in place.We employOfficials-for-Sport.comto administer our referee appointment system.Officials-for-Sport.comprocess our referees’ personal information on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the EU, and areaccessed by our staff/volunteers for the purposes set out above.We are required to transfer your personal information outwiththe EU for the purposes of entering athletes into competitions, booking travel arrangements for training camps, etc. Where your personal information is transferred outwiththe EU, we will provide you with information regarding the safeguards that we haveput in place with the recipient country to protect your personal information.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for six years. We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of the Scottish Volleyball Association and for how long. We need to do this to comply with the Companies Act 2006, which requires us to keep a register of members or in the event of a claim against the Scottish Volleyball Association.
You can exercise any of the following rights by contacting theScottish Volleyball Association on 0131 556 4633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Scottish Volleyball Association, 48 The Pleasance, Edinburgh, EH8 9TJ.Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes;
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by the Association will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.