SCOTTISH VOLLEYBALL MACvolley Festival Information
|Mark McGivern - S456 National West||Friday||25/10/19||Ravenscraig RSF|
|S456 North||Thursday||10/10/19||Aberdeen Sports Village|
|S456 East||Thursday||31/10/19||Lynch Sports Centre|
|Chris Lamont - S23 National West||Thursday||5/3/20||Grangemouth (*TBC)|
|S23 National North||Thursday||02/04/20||The Gordon Schools|
|P7 S1 National North||Thursday||30/4/20||Aberdeen Grammar HS|
|Lynne Beattie - P7 S1 National West||Wednesday||5/2/20||John Wright Sports Centre|
|Shauna Mullin - S123 National West (Beach)||Wednesday||3/6/20||Ayr Beach|
|Shauna Mullin - S456 National West (Beach)||Wednesday||3/6/20||Ayr Beach|
This year sees a new and exiting year for school volleyball participation through our MACvolley Programme.
We are using GoMembership Database to allow for a better and more modern user system for schools to ensure that registering, amending and receiving information is a quick and automatic as possible.
We are honoured to have the endorsement of our Olympic Athletes from London 2012 for our national festivals, with each individual attending (in person or via video link) their festival to INSPIRE our next generation of school volleyball players.
This page contains all you need to know about Scottish Volleyball’s MACvolley National School Festival Programme.
If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to ask our Education & Participation Officer Martyn.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Participation any Scottish Volleyball School’s competition is only open to affiliated schools. If not already affiliated your school can affiliate HERE. Or contact the SVA OFFICE who can provide you with an online account to affiliate.
- Each School Festival has it’s own Event Page where you can register your number of teams for the event.
- You can create an Account to manage all your entries all in the one place, so you know how many teams you have entered for each event as well as being able to easily access information on the events themselves. You will be able to edit your team entries if necessary via your account.
- If a Festival is sold-out you can still register your teams on the waiting list. You will automatically be notified immediately if a School withdraws a team giving you the option to take their place.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your registration please bring this along to the festival.
- The enter process for all School competitions is FREE. The only costs associated with School Festivals is £3 per pupil. This entitles this pupils to play in all school festivals and Schools Cup competitions for the entirety of the 2019-2020 season.
- This process of registering the individual pupils participation is an essential requirement for Scottish Volleyball as an association.
- There are two ways to register your pupils. You can register them via your online SVA account (please contact SVA Office for details) or Alternatively Registration sheets, which need to be filled out fully and accurately, are available here – Membership Form (Under 16) & Membership Form (16 & Over)
- Payment can be Invoiced on a yearly basis from the SVA office. Non-payment will result in the school being unable to participate in any further school volleyball competitions.
- Schools that withdraw from the festival after entry will be liable for a cancellation fee equal to £25 per team entered.
- Registration for each event will close at 0930, Upon which the festival will commence with a briefing from the organiser or event sponsor.
- All festivals will aim to be finished at 1450 with a short presentation at the end of the day before departure at 1500
- Teams will play a round of qualifying pools in the morning and a further round of pools in the afternoon against teams of similar ability. There will be no Play-Offs or finals, just group play, to maximise participation
|Age Group||Court Required||Team Composition||Ball Used|
|S4/5/6 Indoor||Full FIVB Volleyball Court||6 vs 6||Mikasa MVA 200 or V200w|
|S2/3 Indoor||Badminton Court (Outside Lines)||4 vs 4||MVA 200 or V200w|
|S1/2/3 Indoor||Badminton Court (Outside Lines)||4 vs 4||Mikasa SV-3|
|P7/S1 Indoor||Badminton Court (Inside Lines)||3 vs 3||Mikasa SV-3|
|P5/6/7 Indoor||Half Badminton Court (Outside Lines)||2 vs 2||Mikasa SKV5|
|S5/6 Beach||Full FIVB Beach Volleyball Court||2 vs 2||Mikasa VLS 300|
|S3/4 Beach||Full FIVB Beach Volleyball Court||3 vs 3||Mikasa VLS 300|
|S1/2 Beach||Full FIVB Beach Volleyball Court||4 vs 4||Mikasa SV-3|
|Primary Schools Beach||Half FIVB Beach Volleyball Court||3 vs 3||Mikasa SKV5|
- Each Participant shall receive a form of certification for their attendance at the festival
- A spirit of the tournament award will be present to an individual who shows the greatest dedication, team-working and best attitude throughout the event
- Music and video will be played throughout the day to create the best possible atmosphere for the pupils to enjoy.
- In order to compete at a schools festival players must be of the correct school year or lower.
- Players should all be from the same school, however, Players from school’s which do not compete in SVA competitions may apply for dispensation to play with another school in the interests of participation. For more information please contact the Youth & Schools Commission.
- For specific Rules and Guidance on School Festivals please follow this Link – MACVOLLEY FESTIVAL GUIDENCE & STRUCTURE