2009 Teachers’ Spring School
Inverclyde National Sports Centre, Largs
Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd May 2009
Course to be offered;
- Introductory Award (level 1)
This course is specifically designed for practicing Primary School teachers and also S1/S2 Physical Education teachers. It will look at how to;
- Introduce and develop movement and decision making skills
- Introduce and develop key principles like posture and balance
- Introduce the basic techniques of passing the ball
- Introduce the concept of roles and responsibilities in the game situation
- Look at the skills associated with attacking and defending in volleyball
Volleyball is the most ‘Team’ of all team games, and has proven to be a fantastic addition to physical education programmes. Why not take this opportunity to introduce yourself , or refresh your understanding of this fabulous sport.
The fee for this residential course is £100. Scholarships and Teacher Release Grants are available to support your involvement from the Scottish Volleyball Association. To find out more details on this you should contact Sandra Grubb using either by telephoning on 0131 556 4633 or email.