Details of any Volleyball Coaching Vacancies will be shown here:
Volleyball Club Coach.
Club: University of Strathclyde Volleyball Club
Closing Date: 17/10/16
Term Time Position
Up to 20 weeks per year
Evening & Weekend Hours (max 4/week)
Applications are invited for the position of Head Coach at the University of Strathclyde Volleyball Club commencing on 19/10/16.
The Coach is required to lead, manage and deliver coaching services to the Volleyball Club, including training and competitions. Club training sessions take place on Wednesday evenings at the Strathclyde Centre for Sport and Recreation (CSR). Competitive fixtures take place on Sunday afternoons and home games will take place at the same venue.
The successful candidate will create a positive, responsive and productive relationship with the Club and support the development of team(s) in training and competition.
The role is for a maximum of 4 hours per week and the successful candidate will be expected to be registered/register as Self Employed with HMRC and hold their own coaching insurance policy.
• Lead coaching at training sessions and occasionally on match days
• Attempt to improve technical and tactical development of players.
• Contribute to the enhancement of the student experience through high quality coaching which engages, sustains and increases participation.
• Maintain accurate records on training attendance, team selections, tactical, and technical analysis of Strathclyde players and opposition teams.
• Regular evaluation of team performance.
• In partnership with the committee, responsible and accountable for team selection, determining methods of selection and providing feedback to those not selected.
• Maintain regular communication with the Volleyball Club Committee, and Sports Union where required.
• Support the development of student leadership skills, particularly with club committee members
• Make sure all sessions comply with Health & Safety standards and maintain high standards with regards to Equality & Diversity.
• A Volleyball coaching qualification
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Excellent motivation skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Experience of university sport [or BUCS/SSS competition]
• Competitive experience at performance level in Volleyball
• Level 2 or higher Volleyball coaching qualification
• A clean driving licence
• A first aid certificate
Rates of Pay
Level 1 & 2: £10 per hour.
Level 3: £12.50 per hour.
Applications are considered via a CV and Cover Letter by email outlining the following:
• Coaching experience
• Why you are interested in this role
• Availability to Coach on Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons
Please submit applications to Michael Lynch, Volleyball Club President on firstname.lastname@example.org by 17/10/16.
Informal conversations about the job are welcomed to: Michael Lynch on 07475099997